Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Homemade Baby Soap/Shampoo

It took me a while to start doing my homemade bathroom products... Mostly out of convenience (or habit of just buying what I need). Then, because I thought something on the market - in the crazy entire library of baby and personal products - has to be great for a good price.  And I liked a few... But I realize that even out of those that do not have - too many- harmful ingredients, most are DEFINITELY not worth the money. NOT worth. The list of ingredients is clearly way too long for being gentle enough on my little ones' skin.
So I decided to make my own out of simple & natural products. Cheaper, healthier, gentler, EASY. SUPER EASY. Minimum Ingredients...πŸ’š




Ingredients:
- A (glass) jar or soap dispenser (I use THOSE for pretty much anything, love them)
- Boiled water
- Dried (Loose Leaf) Chamomile (You can find some HERE - I use chamomile a lot, particularly when the kids are sick or teething, or for good health in general...)  
- Castile soap (Unscented/Baby) - the base of this recipe. I use this ONE
- Sweet Almond Oil (because it leaves the skin so smooth 😍, you can use it straight on your face or body anytime too). HERE is the one I use.

I have learned to love Castile Soap as it is made from coconut, olive & hemp oil. HOWEVER, it is highly concentrated so you should not use it pure directly on your little one. Thus, this post πŸ˜‰

HOW to Make it
Whatever the size of your jar, the ratio in your jar will basically be 3/4 water, 1/4 castile soap 
1. Boil the water
2. Pour water in about half of your container
3. Use the remaining  to steep 1tsp of loose chamomile for about 5 min (use a tea strainer if you have one, or just make sure your "tea" water is free of herbs before pouring it in the jar)
4. Fill in the jar with the chamomile tea to about 3/4
5. Let it cool down
6. Add 2-3 Tbsp of Sweet Almond Oil
7. Fill the last 1/4th of the jar with Castile Soap
8. Close it & shake it well - et voila!


Few Notes:

  • This Soap is NOT tear-free, so just use with caution around eye area and rinse well with clear water in case some dropped in the eye
  • This Soap does not foam as much as industrial soap do - and that's completely normal as it is free of foaming agentsπŸ˜‰
πŸŽ‡Don't hesitate to let me know if you tried it or share your own recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment